University of Zielona Gora
in cooperation with
Institute of Archeology Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun
National Chapter of Computer Applications & Quantitative Methods In Archaeology CAA PL
are pleased to invite you to this year’s conference:
CAA Polska 2017
Archaeology from Higher Perspective.
31-st of May – 2-nd of June 2017
Theme of the Conference revolve around the issues of non-invasive (geophysical, GPR survey) and airborne methods of archaeological research (LIDAR, airborne photography, terrain scanning, photogrammetry etc.). Meeting on the border of the Giant Mountains in Karpacz, prompts us to pay special attention to the issues of the use of new technologies in documentary research on the cultural heritage of the border in the neighboring mountainous regions Polish, Czech Republic, Germany and Slovakia.
We are delighted to inform that the call for papers for CAA Polska 2017 conference in Karpacz is now open.
We suggest the following topics
- Opening session: Research and Protection of National Heritage in the Giant Mountains (Karkonosze) from Polish & Czech perspective.
- Session 1: Aerial solutions for collecting Digital Archaeological Research Data (LIDAR, UAV, photogrammetry, various light spectrum recorders)
- Session 2: Close and long range 3D data acquisition, processing, querying and presentation in Cultural Heritage (laser scanners, photo scanning, photogrammetry, visualisations, VR tools)
- Session 3: Archaeological Information System for collecting and managing Excavation Data (GIS, databases, cloud solutions, open source)
- Session 4: Non-invasive research as alternative for excavations (geophysical, GPR survey and other methods of geophysical analysis of the archaeological sites)
- Session 5: Mobile solutions and … facebook? (Potential of Social network in Archaeology).
During the conference we also offer three workshops. We are planning three sessions: GIS, laser scanning (terrestrial), aerial photogrammetry. There is also planned fourth workshop – GPR. About the possibility of their implementation we will inform later.
Exact workshop topics will appear on this page.
Applications papers, participation in conferences and/or workshops, please report
up to 1-st of May 2017 by form.
The abstracts, maximum 250 words in one of the following languages: english or polish, should including authors names, affiliations and email.
Conference Venue (exact location)
This year’s conference will be hosted by charming tourist town – Karpacz and School for Sports Championship: Szkoła Mistrzostwa Sportowego, ul. Gimnazjalna 7, 58-540 Karpacz, Polska.
- standard fee: 200 PLN
- student fee: 140 PLN
The fee includes all the conference events (including social meetings).
CAA workshops are educational event and are free of charge for Conference participants. Please register fot the workshops by conference form.
The organizers do not provide accommodation.
We recommend to book accomodation by any internet booking agents (f.e. booking.com).
Hotels and hostels near Biały Jar are the nearest to the conference venue.
Payments (conference fee) should be directed
to the account of the University of Zielona Gora:
Bank Millennium S.A.
PL 85 1160 2202 0000 0002 8474 4132
BIC (SWIFT) BIGBPLPW
Transfer title: CAA 2017
PLEASE NOTE: If You need invoice, the payment should be done by the bank transfer. Due to formal problem there is no possibility to pay for the conference fee by cash at the desk.
CAApl 2017 conference will take place in Karpacz with the support
of the Municipal Office and
under the auspices
of Mayor Mr. Radosław Jęcek.