Constitution of CAA PL
The Constitution of Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology – Polish Chapter
|Chair Kasper Hanus|
|Deputy Chair Emilia Smagur|
|Secretary Julia Chyla|
I. The full title of the organisation is “Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology – Poland”. Hereafter this may be abbreviated to “CAA PL”, “CAA Polska” or “CAA Poland”.
II. The aims of the organisation are to:
1. bring archaeologists together with experts from a variety of disciplines in the field of social sciences, life sciences, engineering and arts actively involved in computer applications in the cultural domain in Poland.
2. Encourage communication between these disciplines.
3. Provide a review of present work in the field.
4. Stimulate methodological and methodical discussion about future progress.
5. Provide guidance and support in the form of seminars and/or workshops.
6. Disseminate the results presented in meetings.
7. Support relevant research in the above fields of Polish archaeological missions world-wide.
8. To support and enhance CAA International.
1. Membership of CAA PL shall be open to any one working in the fields listed at point II.1 without payment. Acceptance of a candidate is decided upon by the CAA PL Board.
2. Prospective members can request membership to CAA PL through submission of a cover letter/ email expressing their interests and reasons for wanting to join the organisation to a member of the CAA PL Board.
3. Membership of CAA PL does not include a free membership of the international CAA (http://www.caaconference.org). Members who want to attend the annual conference of the international CAA have to become members of that organisation according to the constitution published on the CAA International website.
4. Members of CAA PL are entitled to the following:
a) have their name and address on the mailing list held by the representatives of the CAA Poland,
b) receive a copy of all mailings,
c) vote at the general meetings (GM).
IV. The Board of CAA PL
1. CAA PL shall be administered by three Board members comprising the positions of Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson and Secretary of CAA PL.
2. The Board will be elected at each CAA PL GM meeting.
3. One of the Board members of CAA PL will be designated, by the other members of the Board, as the representative of the national chapter to CAA international (ex-officio member of the steering committee of the international CAA.
4. The task of the Board is:
a) To meet at least once a year.
b) To ensure, to the best of their ability, that a national conference takes place every two years.
c) To arrange, when possible, a peer-reviewed publication of selected papers given at these conferences.
V. General Meeting
The General Meeting is held at the end of each national conference (once every two years). If it is not possible to hold the GM during the scheduled conference, then the Board shall call a GM as quickly as is compatible with the required period of notice to members.
1. Notice of a General Meeting, together with the formal proposals for discussion and, in particular, any changes to the Constitution, must be mailed to all members at least 21 days before the date of the meeting.
2. Attendance at the GM shall be open to all CAA PL members, whether or not they are attending the conference.
3. The election of the Board shall take place at the GM, normally by show of hands. All nominations must be submitted to the present Board members at least 10 days beforeand the willingness of the candidate to stand must be demonstrated. Eligible candidates must have exhibited participation at the CAA international conferences.
VI. CAA PL Constitution
No member of CAA Poland shall purport to act or make representation on behalf of the organisation without the prior agreement of the Board members.
1. Any changes to this constitution must be approved by a 75% majority of votes at a GM. Such changes shall not take effect until they have been announced at the GM.
Kraków, 16th January 2013.